Friday, April 10, 2015

Catching Up




Its been ages since I have visited this site. Moreso, I felt that as the owner of this blog, I failed to to show some level of commitment to update it in a consistent manner. So when I typed in the address nomad1104.blogspot.com, I stared at it for some seconds. Probably, some minutes of minimal eye blinking.  It feels like being reunited with an old friend. There is that downpour of emotions and you feel the need of catching up but you just don’t know where to start.  I am writing this article more than just an obligation but as a way for me to bridge the gap of the promise it showed when I created this site to its current uncertain state. The uncertainty which I need to rebrand and define. 


I am starting with an account of my Guiting Guiting Traverse last Holy Week.  I never  thought that I would be able to realize the dream of scaling one of the most difficult mountains to climb in the Philippines.  More than just the realization of the dream, it gave birth to a new goal:  the journey to the Knife Edge Trilogy. Guiting Guiting was the opening salvo and I am just finding the perfect timing to visit Mts. Halcon and Mantalingajan and hopefully have my own awesome story to tell. For now, I will reserve the full details of my Guiting Guiting climb  in my next post but  I will share some photos that will give you a preview of how great the adventure was. 



Allow me to thank TAPIK for inviting me to this climb. And to the new acquaintances we have, cheers for more adventures to share and summits to conquer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment